New Business Marketer/CL Sales – (Toronto)
This salaried plus commissioned role is ideal for someone who has a talent for marketing and enjoys the excitement of closing the sale. The qualified candidate has technical knowledge in most lines of commercial insurance. One who can design, secure and deliver a sound insurance program with professional counsel to our clients. This team member will work directly with clients and a team of Producers to assess risk exposures and insurance needs, prepare marketing submissions, act as liaison with our insuring partners, prepare proposals and times, be able to close the sale!
- Dealing directly with a prospect and/or a producer, you will gather risk information and conduct appropriate research including claims and other pertinent underwriting information
- Create a submission through Policy Works and submit these proposals to various insurers for quotations
- Review quotations and negotiate coverage, limits, and premiums according to the clients exposure
- Prepare and present insurance proposals
- Create a binding order, complete with all required paper documentation such as binders, certificates, applications, payment financing arrangements, etc.
- Ensure payment is received in full upon binding
- Ensure receipt and delivery of an accurate insurance policy before transferring the policy to the servicing department
- Other special assignments and projects, as may be required
- 5+ years Commercial Lines brokerage experience
- CL Sales experience would be considered an asset
- Insurance knowledge in the placement of all Commercial classes of insurance
- RIBO licence, active and in good standing, is required. Other industry qualifications such as CAIB, CIP, etc., would be considered an asset
- A dedicated team player with a strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- A firm commitment to delivering professionalism and expertise to our clients
- Ability to use creativity in structuring product proposals
- Computer knowledge in MS Office products such as Word and Excel, and experience with The Agency Manager (TAM) and Policy Works would be considered an asset
Qualified candidates may submit their resume to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
RRJ Insurance Group Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace reflecting the diversity of the communities it serves. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should an accommodation be required.